Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Almost there...


Since I am still behind, I will try to re-cap as best as possible...

After getting home on a Tuesday morning, I was back in Raleigh by Wednesday night so I could be there Thursday to help Tammy and Chad move into their incredible new home!! It was a lot of fun getting to check out their stuff and help them get it to the new place! Our excitement was a little stunted as Jason was getting some calls into work (which he was supposed to have off by the way), so I either had to play Home Alone all day, or head off to the "work place" with my sweetheart. Any guesses on which it'll be....yup, you got it; off on a temp job I go!


What an interesting adventure working with Jason turned out to be. We ended up having to work two days and cover several (what were probably supposed to be) "easy" jobs. Jason claims I was a big help, but really I have realized we just like each others' company...even when we are completely useless :) I think it was good for our relationship to see what it is like for Jason at work each day, even though we didn't have near as many jobs and the boss man wasn't there; being a part of that definitely helps me to be more aware and understanding of what type of conditions he may have had to endure while at work and why he may or may not be in a particular mood...now if he can just go to school with me one day (if I ever get a job!) and experience the difficulty of teenagers! Over all, "Take Your Girlfriend to Work" Day turned out quite well and I even got Cold Stone icecream and an under-the-table bonus for working so hard. (By the way, this was more than I had worked at my actual job in the last 2 months...so yay! for a generous boyfriend!!)

Because we worked so hard at earning money the past few days, we decided we would splurge a little and took our money to the Farmer's Market Saturday morning for a concoctive $5 meal. I have to say, this was probably my favorite part of the weekend (well besides making and eating the $5 meal that is!) After traversing the ENTIRE NC Farmer's Market, (except for the seafood portion that is, I don't know what he has against our little marine friends) we decided we would create a stir-fry entirely from food we could buy here! We got fresh steak, yellow squash, carrots, broccoli, and 0zucchini. Can you believe we actually made it under 5 bucks; ha, heck yeah!! Wash the veges, chop 'em up, toss 'em into the pan, throw on some seasoning, sizzle..sizzle..sizzle and WHAMY CABLAMEE...magnifico! It was soo freaking good!
I love that we cook together. Cooking is one of my favorite things to do.

I also finally got to meet some of Jason's friends too...hehehe

My first encounter was playing Frisbee Golf; it was my first time playing and it was a blast!!! Jason took some video, but he's being a hog so I don't have them to share right now...hopefully I can post them later! To join us on our fight to pro Frisbee Golf were Russ and Aimee! From what I gather, Russ and Jason have pretty much grown up together and hanging out with this group was quite a blast! Aimee and I decided to step back and let the boys dominate for our teams (we had to play as couples because Jason and I discovered early on that our competitiveness is very bad for our relationship...Settlers...Hot Dice...doesn't really matter the game;) we didn't want to show them up...ha! We did have a slight frisbee mishap, but that was totally because we had a rogue frisbee; it had nothing at all to do with Russ' throwing skills...Nothing!! It was a great way to spend the evening.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

Next came Jason's birthday, which I was lucky enough to get to attend. I can't even begin to touch what Christy had to say about this, but here's what I really liked...First off, we were at Tammy's house (hehehe!)...Second, almost the whole fam was there...Third, alright I forgo the numbering, we had an awesome cake Jason's mom found that said "Happy Birthelay." I think Jason's is the only family that, instead of asking for a discount on this cake, would actually be pumped about buying it! I got to dance around with man ;) We played the whipped cream game...in which my arm became very sore until Jason, so lovingly, shared with me the "right" way to smack my arm into my hand and make whipped cream plummet..eh em, I mean soar into the air! Christy and her stellar photography skills got some amazing pictures of Jason and me, so those are the only ones I will steal, basically because I really love them!




After YW Camp (info is forthcoming) I headed back up to Raleigh to hang with the boy and we met up with some more of Jason's friends for quite a treat. Even though I was fighting to finish 3 final papers that were due for my 2 Summer classes, I still managed to enjoy the view on a giant outdoor movie screen. Out in Henderson there is a Drive-In Movie place and we got lucky enough to go to a double feature!! Toy Story 3 and Prince of Persia, all for $6 bucks- now that's what I'm talking about! Toy Story 3 was a great wrap up for a childhood favorite, but Prince of Persia left a little something to be desired. Even so, it was great getting to drench ourselves and fellow movie-mates in bug spray, set up our camp chairs (and camp chair foot rests, thanks to Martinez!), and blast the crowd with Jason's GIANT speaker- don't worry, we paid for this later :(



After the movie we headed out to Tammy and Chad's; as I'm sure you can tell we are really falling in love with this place. They let us camp out there for the next couple nights and ride to our hearts' content on Saturday! It is amazing to me how a month ago, I had never been on a horse and now it seems like I am riding every few weekends. I love it! Between Tammy, Chad, and Jason I am beginning to pick up on a lot of useful tips; Jason even made me put the saddle pad and saddle on Easy all by myself. Jason took me off exploring for hours and we found some amazing places; below you can see some of what we found...


Once the adventuring was done for the weekend and we prepared to head back, we discovered an unfortunate reality: the Jetta's dead battery. Oh, and what the ordeal this turned out to be. Since Chad had already left for work, we had no car to jump Jason's from...but did find some battery packs with which we could jump the car- or rather should be able to jump the car. After a few fails on that one the oh so friendly neighbor lady stopped by because she thought we lived there and she wanted to make sure we weren't going to shoot her dog if it got loose hahaha and "jumped" the Jetta after having to get her, less than sober, husband and turn off the amp to their radio. What a way to start a Sunday morning :)

After another astounding weekend with my boyfriend, I headed home for Father's Day with my awesome dad and fam and got to congratulate my little bro Mason on getting his Duty to God Award. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment