Friday, January 25, 2013

I Really Wanted an Infinity Scarf





Anyone who knew me before I met my husband knows that I had a spending problem. A serious spending problem.  When Jason and I started dating I was literally getting collection calls from the credit card company.  It was awful.

2 years into knowing my amazing man, I got that credit card paid off and had taken a lesson or two on thrifty spending from the hubby-to-be.

Now that we've been married for almost 2 years, I have learned not only how to be a thrifty shopper, but a thrifty blog-follower.  Ladies like this one, inspire me.  I often shop at second hand stores and yard sales, but not for clothes that are perfect the way they are (because I'm not dedicated enough to dig through piles to find that rarity) I search for fabrics that I love and can someday transform into something that I love!

Needless to say, I have been collecting lots of items like the ones described above without actually doing anything with those items.  Last week I decided to wreck that trend and get 'r done!

Last week's project was a sweater I got in a $0.10 big bag of clothes, a too-tight tank top I never wore, 
an old stretched out hair tie, and two buttons I got in a big $0.50 bag of buttons!
Via this tutorial,
These...


...Became this.

Tonight's (yes, in one night) project was a 58" x 8" piece of material left from a project from 
last Christmas, and an old lace valence I got in that same $0.10 big bag of clothes!
Via this & this,
These...
...Became this!
 I can't tell you how excited I am that I just made this scarf for under a dollar! Ha! Plus, I just love it!

Hope you have a productive icy night too!

-Cassie

1 comment: